Era: 2008-2010

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By darthmadonna
darth_sidious wrote:and figure selection (some choices like Wedge and Borsk Feyl'la were too niche for any but the most hardcore collectors)

So there they go, they always shoot down collectors in Q&A's saying we will probably never do that its "too niche." Funny they even mention that pack since we already discussed it here in this thread. So who are they blaming for fault? I do not recall a petition or a fan focus for Borsk and Wedge. I wanted Cboath, Thrawn, Jade, Noghri, Spacetroopers, a wookie. Not to mention I have waited for years to get some Tales of the Jedi figures or Dark Empire. I wait and I wait, while I bought up crap like Borsk/Wedge, Luke/Dena in Imperial uniform, dayglo mandalores/Dengar,White Vader/Lame Leia. still waiting for them to get to the good stuff. Finally we get Darth Krayt and I can not find him ANYWHERE!!! grrrrrrrr now I am annoyed :evil: ..... :D
By Paulskywalker
I feel your pain! :D

It is there fault it failed, if they'd have listened to the suggestions given to them instead of pick them themselves and trying to squeeze as much money out of us with lame repaints to make "new" characters.
By YAK_Chewie
darthmadonna wrote:
darth_sidious wrote:and figure selection (some choices like Wedge and Borsk Feyl'la were too niche for any but the most hardcore collectors)

So there they go, they always shoot down collectors in Q&A's saying we will probably never do that its "too niche." Funny they even mention that pack since we already discussed it here in this thread. So who are they blaming for fault? I do not recall a petition or a fan focus for Borsk and Wedge. I wanted Cboath, Thrawn, Jade, Noghri, Spacetroopers, a wookie. Not to mention I have waited for years to get some Tales of the Jedi figures or Dark Empire. I wait and I wait, while I bought up crap like Borsk/Wedge, Luke/Dena in Imperial uniform, dayglo mandalores/Dengar,White Vader/Lame Leia. still waiting for them to get to the good stuff. Finally we get Darth Krayt and I can not find him ANYWHERE!!! grrrrrrrr now I am annoyed :evil: ..... :D

Yep, I feel the same way. They really had some questionable choices of figures in a lot of the sets the past year. Not to mention what they did with the Wal-Mart ones - those were doomed for failure right off the bat. And when that happens with the biggest retailer, you have a formula for disaster. The next Wally sets look even worse. Quite terrible in fact.

This is Hasbro's fault, and I don't think there's any doubt about it.

:wink:
By StooperZero
I have an unopened Wedge/Borsk pack..

NOW that I think about it, I'm gonna take the 2nd borsk and make him into the Bothan SPy from Battlefront 2

Bothan Y-Wing Pilot would be nice too.
By zedhatch
We are equally sad to see the mainline Comic Pack line get cancelled. We think the reason lies in the combination of increased price (although we think that $12.99 is still a bargain for two figures and a comic), general collector slow-down (collector purchases are down 30-40%), priorities (the average collector on a limited budget will vote for movies first and EU second), and figure selection (some choices like Wedge and Borsk Feyl'la were too niche for any but the most hardcore collectors). Still, there will be some exclusives still upcoming, and we are looking for ways to continue this great line as either exclusives, even harboring the hope that one day int he future it could return. Right now, though, given the narrowed collecting focus, it seems a prudent time to scale back on the EU and let the films bask even more strongly in our spotlight for a while.

The bolded area (IMO) makes this seem like a load of carp. There is no way to tell exactly what was purchased for colloctors and what was purchased otherwise. No one has ever asked me when I purchase, nor will I bet anyone else will be able to come forward with such a claim. Basicly there is no way they can tell exaclty how much collector sales have dropped any more than kids sales. If they had said sales in general that would have been easy to belive, but they are tossing it on collectors again, also with the EU vs Film stuff, again no way of knowing unless you check every purchase, which is impossible.
By YAK_Jayson
Finally found and picked up the new Comic Packs (Katarn/Vong, Lumiya/Luke and Krayt/Dare) this morning at Target. So I can cross those off and wait for the last WM exclusive ones before the line rides off into the sunset.
By YAK_Jayson
If anyone is still in need of these they can be had on the Toys R Us website for $12.99 each.

Darth Krayt and Sigel Dare

Lumiya and Luke Skywalker

Kyle Katarn and Yuuzhan Vong
By YAK_Chewie
Not sure if these exact pics have surfaced earlier, if they have I don't recall seeing them... courtesy of Star Wars Army Store on ebay:

If you're afraid you're not going to be able to find these at retail with all the doom and gloom surrounding the future of the Comic Pack line, you can get them on ebay now for a fair price.

http://stores.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Army-S ... m14?_pgn=7

By YAK_Jayson
I saw the Ulic Qel Droma a couple weeks ago at JD, but I don't remember seeing T'RA SAA though. To be honest, I know nothing about either of them. :oops:
By YAK_Chewie
I think the Ulic one at JD was from Black Sheep Toy Store, a different seller and different image altogether.

Anyways though, I think he looks great... but the T'ra Saa... just weird. I thought in the comics she looked very non-Star Wars, and I feel that way even moreso now. The figure of her looks hideous... ugliest woman in the galaxy. :lol:

By darthmadonna
I want Ulic so bad, but I want some of his buddies to go along with him. I have wanted and wished for Tales of the Jedi figures forever. Does anyone here remember Kenner had a survey back in '97 I think and in it was all sorts of question about expanded universe but specifically about Tales of the Jedi, Dark Empire and Thrawn trilogy. I did my best to make it known I wanted Tales.

Well, I made the pilgrimage to Everett, WA and fou[…]

TVC: Poe Dameron’s X-Wing

I must admit, I really do like the look. Better t[…]

Wanted, fo sho.

TVC 2019/2020 Discussion

And stay away from my Disney “friend” at all cost![…]

Retro Vintage Figures

Stormtrooper Luke blends in great!

They are everywhere across the universe. Like ver[…]

This jawa figure features pivot hips, wrists and w[…]

Time for another update. Here are some Jedi/Rebels[…]