Vintage, Saga Legends and non-Clone Wars figures & vehicles for 2010 and beyond

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Paulskywalker
See i would be happy with nothing, more a piece of unwanted costly plastic.
By YAK_Jayson
Judging by resent developments, I'm guessing that the Vintage/Collector line won't have a pack in at all and that the Clone Wars line with be packed with the BATTLE CARD GAME.
By Paulskywalker
OMG cards! what they gonna do put top trumps cards in? lol.
By Paulskywalker
Well http://www.cooltoyreview.com/ has further evidence that trading cards are Hasbro new gimmick across the board this year, as Iron Man 2 and The Amazing Spiderman figures come with cards too.

Oh and to add insult to injury Marvel gets Secret Wars Comic packs.
By YAK_Jayson
Finally, we've received spy report that a "limited" edition figure coming and it is rumored to be Jodo Kast. It is unknown at this time how or when this figure will be made available whether the UGH mailaway program or possibly as an upcoming convention exclusive.

As always, take all rumors and speculation with a grain of salt as nothing is confirmed at this point.
By zedhatch
Paulskywalker wrote:Well http://www.cooltoyreview.com/ has further evidence that trading cards are Hasbro new gimmick across the board this year, as Iron Man 2 and The Amazing Spiderman figures come with cards too.

Oh and to add insult to injury Marvel gets Secret Wars Comic packs.

Actually they have had the Secret Wars packs since Sept of 2009. However it looks as if that will be all as far as comic packs for teh MU line goes.

Those Spidey figures need alot more than cards to get me to think of buying them. Next to Wolverine and the X-Men that has to be the WORST TOYLINE EVAR!!!!!
By YAK_Jayson
Yep, it's from the Star Tours Multipack. You can see the edge of the triangular patch on his left shoulder.
By Paulskywalker
My word! They could have at least used a decent mold. :lol:
By YAK_Jayson
Our spies have passed along a new list of yet to be announced goodies that are on the horizon for the line relaunched this fall. Here is a breakdown of few new battle packs, some of which were reveal and Toy Fair back in February. Also on the list are some new "Legacy of" sets as well as a listing for a certain vile gangster's throne room and more! Note: Pricing and released dates are for the European market.

Anti-Hailfire Squad Battle Pack - August 2010 - 29,90 Euro*
Droids and Clones Battle Pack - August 2010 - 29,90 Euro*
Holocron Heist Battle Pack - August 2010 - 29,90 Euro*
Battle of Hoth Battle Pack - August 2010 - 29,90 Euro*
ARC Troopers Battle Pack - September 2010- 29,90 Euro
Mandalorian Trooper´s (Death Watch) Battle Pack - September 2010 - 29,90 Euro

Legacy of Boba Fett - August 2010 - 19,90 Euro
Legacy of Grievous - August 2010 - 19,90 Euro
Legacy of Anakin Skywalker - August 2010 - 19,90 Euro

Cad Bane & IG-86 - September 2010 - 20,50 Euro
Senate Commando Captain - September 2010 - 20,50 Euro

Jabba´s Throne Room - July 2010 - 56,00 Euro

*Shown at Toyfair 2010

Weigh in with your thoughts on this new list in our forums.
By YAK_Chewie
Nice scoop Jayson! :)

Outside of the Hoth set, I am guessing that all of those battle packs are from the Clone Wars animated series... would be really cool though if the Death Watch was realistic style, but something tells me we're going to see something like this:

^ Even as a CW style set, it could be cool though provided Hasbro doesn't go cheap on the articulation.

Also I wonder what the "Legacy Of" sets are? Those sound like they could be more Evolutions sets...? Could Hasbro actually mix these with animated and realistic designs? This could make for a good Q&A question for Hasbro, I think. I'm very interested in hearing more about them.

Cad Bane and IG-86 does not sound very interesting, and I'm not so sure about the Senate Commando one either - sounds like two figure sets... wonder what that's all about with the demise of the Comic Packs... something to replace them? Or are these deluxes?

Finally, good to see more news on Jabba's set, as they're indicating it's a throne room now. Really can't wait to see some pics of it.

:wink:
By Paulskywalker
It will be CW's, but after seeing the figure of the leader and the deluxe one a good paintjob would make them look realistic i think.

Be interesting to see the new stuff, especially the "legacy of", hopefully the TAC Pre-Cyborg Grievous will be re-released in it or if not hope it brings the price down on secondary market.
By Darth_Cuddles
Some interesting things there and it does seem likely they will mostly be Clone Wars, the Mandos might be cool though. I'm also very interested to hear more on Jabba's Throne Room!
By darth_sidious
In all honesty, I hope most of this stuff is repacked figures for the kid market, I really cant think of how they'd make these "Legacy of" sets appealing to collectors...I'm tired of SA figures being tweaked and released again. Same goes for the BPs...target them toward kids and give us new figures on basic cards, I dont want to see 1 new figure with 3 duds.

The Senate Commando Captain sounds interesting, but mostly because I just like the Senate Guard design. The real item I'm interested in is Jabba - I cant wait to see him. Little if anything has peaked my attention in the new vintage line, so I hope Jabba wows me.

I knocked out bunch of customs over the past coupl[…]

Dang, and I thought that was going to be an easy […]

Community fodder box...

Box arrived, I havent had time to go threw it tho[…]

The Dark Crystal (Funko) 3.75 line

Received an email from Amazon updating my Dark Cry[…]

I make stuff too!

Productive weekend. This'll be the last new custom[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]

Funko Reaction Maria (robot)

Thought this Maria robot figure from the movie Met[…]