Stronox's Customs update 8/28/13 Lord Starkiller

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

Stronox
Scavenger

Stronox's Customs update 8/28/13 Lord Starkiller

Postby Stronox » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:59 pm

Hello everyone! This is my first posting to these boards but I have been customizing for about a year now. I have recently started collecting Star Wars figs again, and wanted to show them off to all for criticism and feedback. So here goes...First up is my reapaint of Galen Marek. I sanded his hair down and also added some Storm Shadow feet to him to give his boots the wrapped look as well.
Apprentice.jpg
Apprentice.jpg (230.44 KiB) Viewed 3539 times
Last edited by Stronox on Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:38 am, edited 42 times in total.
Don't be too optimistic. The light at the end of the tunnel may be another train...
My customs page...http://stronoxcustoms.blogspot.com/

www.facebook.com/StronoxCustoms
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Re: Stronox's customs

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:08 pm

Looks pretty good to me, and fits the look of his shin wraps perfectly. Great photography too, and thanks for sharing.

:wink:
Stronox
Scavenger

Postby Stronox » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:10 pm

Next up is a Luke in Jedi Knight/Master uniform...
Luke.jpg
Luke.jpg (173.99 KiB) Viewed 3535 times
Don't be too optimistic. The light at the end of the tunnel may be another train...

Stronox
Scavenger

Postby Stronox » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:12 pm

Cad Bane...
Cad Bane.jpg
Cad Bane.jpg (170.78 KiB) Viewed 3535 times

Stronox
Scavenger

Postby Stronox » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:15 pm

Lastly for now is my favorite character, Darth Bane.
Darth Bane.jpg
Darth Bane.jpg (204.35 KiB) Viewed 3535 times

blaster_e11
Rebel / Imperial Pilot

Postby blaster_e11 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:36 pm

cool customs

i particularly like the way you improved the TFU apprentice
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:46 pm

These are all looking great. Can you share some more info on them? What recipe did you use on the Luke and Cad Bane? I really like both of those a lot. Especially Luke... that's something that looks better to me than any Jedi version of him that Hasbro has ever made.

Stronox
Scavenger

Postby Stronox » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:06 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:These are all looking great. Can you share some more info on them? What recipe did you use on the Luke and Cad Bane? I really like both of those a lot. Especially Luke... that's something that looks better to me than any Jedi version of him that Hasbro has ever made.

Thanks for the compliments! As for more info on the figs you asked about...Luke is made from the torso and arms of Kit Fisto that came in a multi pack with the other Jedi that confronted Palpatine in Ep III, his legs are also from the Saesee Tiin from the same pack I believe, hands are from random 25th style GI Joe's, and head, neck, and saber from the comic two pack that came with Lumiya. I removed the turtle neck collar from the torso, and sculpted the black collar. I was inspired to do this figure for the same reasons as I have never been a big fan of Luke or any of the figures made of him. I got the idea from a pic in the old Star Wars Chronology essential guide that showed him in Traditional Jedi gear yet with some elements of his black suit.

As for Cad Bane, I used the coat and upper arms from Cade Skywalker with an added holster on the back of it for the rifle, middle arm joints from GI Joe Baroness, upper legs from Sigel Dare, and lower legs from a Tie Fighter pilot. Holsters from Jango. I would have preferred better leg parts and blasters but my collection at this point is limited (I don't even own a Vader or Han yet!!) and I don't have a lot of spare parts. So for now I am sticking with what I can use and will hopefully be able to update Cad in the future.

Stronox
Scavenger

Postby Stronox » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:13 pm

blaster_e11 wrote:cool customs

i particularly like the way you improved the TFU apprentice

Thanks!! With him those feet he originally came with just had to go and he needs a better head imao. The foot swap shortens him up a bit as well which I like as this fig is rather tall.

DanOfTheDead

Postby DanOfTheDead » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:46 pm

These look great, and your photography is very crisp and clear!
jedistyle
fALLeN jEdI

Postby jedistyle » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:01 am

great customs, you've done some outstanding work.....

vaders aprintace - good choice on making the feet wrapped along with the lower legs, im a huge fan of the wraoed look, did the ss feet fit well or did you have to modify them? the sanding down on the hair looks much better in my opinion and i wish the figure would have come with that hair style from the jump, well done.

skywalker - thishas to be my favorite of the bunch, the parts choice and execution are done incredinly well. i especially like the modifications to the kit fitso collar withthe added black upper collar, very luke_style, i may have to indulge in this recipe myself if you don't mind..... :)

cad bane - looks great and a nice upgrade to the fire, good work!

darth bane - also my favorite sith lord of all time the silver/gold sheen you added to the orbalisk armor is brilliant, looks very realistic and improved the look of this figure by leaps and bounds, very cool.....just out of curiosity what made you decide not to include the arm orbalisk armor?

all and all great work, very impressive and i can't wait to see more from you! :)
=JeDiStYlE= "iT's OnLy aFtEr wE'vE LoSt eVeRyThInG, tHaT wE aRe FrEe tO dO aNyThInG......"

*In search of an HK-47 right arm if anyone has one they are willing to part with, thanks.
Stronox
Scavenger

Postby Stronox » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:11 am

jedistyle wrote:great customs, you've done some outstanding work.....

vaders aprintace - good choice on making the feet wrapped along with the lower legs, im a huge fan of the wraoed look, did the ss feet fit well or did you have to modify them? the sanding down on the hair looks much better in my opinion and i wish the figure would have come with that hair style from the jump, well done.

skywalker - thishas to be my favorite of the bunch, the parts choice and execution are done incredinly well. i especially like the modifications to the kit fitso collar withthe added black upper collar, very luke_style, i may have to indulge in this recipe myself if you don't mind..... :)

cad bane - looks great and a nice upgrade to the fire, good work!

darth bane - also my favorite sith lord of all time the silver/gold sheen you added to the orbalisk armor is brilliant, looks very realistic and improved the look of this figure by leaps and bounds, very cool.....just out of curiosity what made you decide not to include the arm orbalisk armor?

all and all great work, very impressive and i can't wait to see more from you! :)

Thanks!! To answer some of your questions...The SS fit perfectly (I lucked out). Feel free to copy anything you want! I do this for the joy and fun of the craft! I just plain don't like the arm pieces on Bane and never have since I first got the fig, but I plan on doing them eventually along with a curved handle red saber...Thanks again for all the compliments and I am excited to share some more when finished!!

Stronox
Scavenger

Postby Stronox » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:13 am

DanOfTheDead wrote:These look great, and your photography is very crisp and clear!

Thanks Dan! Pics are a pain in the butt as far as I'm concerned. I have found that the best results for my camera are outside in daylight.

stormforce customs
Nerf Herder

Postby stormforce customs » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:02 am

Have to agree with everyone here Stronox luke is superb the combination of parts and paint are excellent. I may have to look at somthing similar lol. Cad bane looks slicker than snail snot man it urinates from a great height on Hasbros. Great work man i look forward to seeing more of your work. Welcome to the boards.
"For my ally is the force and a powerful ally it is" Yoda: Jedi Grand Master.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
Stronox
Scavenger

Re: Stronox's customs Update 3/02/10

Postby Stronox » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:37 pm

Hello all! I Just got finished with my version of Kueller...I used a lot of GI Joe fodder bits for him, Wraith's armor, random pieces of armor, and other things to fashion Kueller's armor. The base figure used was Ganner Krieg? with boots from that terrible, terrible, tantiv pilot that came out with the YVH-1 part that I wanted. Anyways, I had to borrow ol Darth Bane's cape for the pic until I can get another one. I would like to fashion another cape that fastens to the shoulder pads in the future, but for now I have no usable soft goods for it. Anyways, the inspiration to do this figure came from seeing him in the essential guides, and overall I am happy with how he turned out.
Kueller 1.jpg
Kueller 1.jpg (191.46 KiB) Viewed 3445 times

Return to “Creations”