Discuss of Hasbro new line in the 3-3/4" scale & 6" scale

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Kooshmeister
YAK_Chewie wrote:I'm almost afraid to ask....?

What Vlad said. Except I doubt it was from a Bantha. More likely from a particularly disgusting kid, judging by the size. :lol:

The White Oak Walmart has purged all the 6" pegwarmers. The Jyn and Cassian clone army is no more. The pegs for the 6" figures are all empty and awaiting restock, and have been for several days now. Only the 3.75" figures remain. I think they've even clearanced the exclusive Kylo Ren figure, since I didn't see the 3-4 they had when I went to get groceries yesterday.

I dunno what the Garner Target has since I haven't been there in a few days. The Crabtree Barnes & Noble has exactly one Guardians of Evil set and that's it. But ThinkGeek in the Crabtee mall is a different story. Holy crap! Rey and Luke's speeders, the Dewback, Porgs, the Solo wave (all except Tarkin) plus Jedi Master Luke, Island Journey Rey, Maz and DJ, several of the Guardians of Evil pack. It was a Black Series paradise. :D
By Raylen
StooperZero wrote:
Raylen wrote:my nearest Walmart got rid of 6" altogether. No peg space allocated at all.

I've been to 3 of them now where that's the case.
By darthvlad
Definitely like the rumored wave 20 figures (Dengar, Hoth Leia, and Skiff Lando). Hopefully the carry forwards aren't Han, Lando, DJ, Rey (Island Journey), and/or Rangetrooper.
By Raylen
YAK_Chewie wrote:Yeah, liking those too. Concerned about the carry forward selection.

It really feels like retailers are not too high on the 6" line right now. Have to blame a lot of that on Hasbro's case ratios. And seeing so many 6" Marvel on clearance.

:wink:

Jyn and Cassian 6" anyone?
By StooperZero
I haven't talked to the new manager yet , but the previous one at our local WM basically said they despise ordering SW stuff due to the fact Everything was labeled "Black Series" . basically a logistics nightmare and getting a straight answer from hasbro was like pulling teeth.

most places are still sitting on pallets of TFA/TLJ vehicles and those 2-packs , they can't even sell at clearance prices.

But in brighter news, I got my new years eve capt. rex pre-order from dorkside today . :mrgreen:
By Raylen
StooperZero wrote:I haven't talked to the new manager yet , but the previous one at our local WM basically said they despise ordering SW stuff due to the fact Everything was labeled "Black Series" . basically a logistics nightmare and getting a straight answer from hasbro was like pulling teeth.

YES!!! I've been saying this for the last couple years, even mentioned it to some Hasbro reps at Celebration. Calling damn near everything "black series" is confusing. Can't tell you how many times I'd do an online search for a "black series" figure and get the wrong scale. Or you simply want to search for figures and end up getting results for role play items, etc. Its almost like if you started saying that everything was awesome. Suddenly it loses its impact.
By Jodo
Raylen wrote:
StooperZero wrote:I haven't talked to the new manager yet , but the previous one at our local WM basically said they despise ordering SW stuff due to the fact Everything was labeled "Black Series" . basically a logistics nightmare and getting a straight answer from hasbro was like pulling teeth.

YES!!! I've been saying this for the last couple years, even mentioned it to some Hasbro reps at Celebration. Calling damn near everything "black series" is confusing. Can't tell you how many times I'd do an online search for a "black series" figure and get the wrong scale. Or you simply want to search for figures and end up getting results for role play items, etc. Its almost like if you started saying that everything was awesome. Suddenly it loses its impact.

I agree 100%. Each line could have been some generic title to at least differentiate it from the others. We had, what? 6 inch, 3.75, titaniums, mini-helmets, helmets, lightsabers, (TFA axe thing), porgs, centerpiece statues...I realize they want TBS to mean some sort of premium or ultimate line of quality....But if everything is at the same level then it defeats the purpose of the branding!!!!

Movakko and crew The Nikto Movakko could be call[…]

Community fodder box...

will need Lance Quazar address:P. Thanks, roro[…]

Asajj Ventress in Ball Gown p64 / Index p1

Thanks so much, Chewie! Formerly wanted by both t[…]

You my friend are a customizing machine. I don't[…]

Oh my gosh, that is terrible!!!! I have always tho[…]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles

Ah, the Battle of Jabiim! What a fun story arc t[…]

ProCreate is good. Not brittle at all. Thank you b[…]

I noticed on the Shadow Trooper, his left knee is […]