Image Image Image Image Image

The Last Jedi Mega Playset

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

The Last Jedi Mega Playset

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:36 pm

So as many know (I believe), a playset is coming in this line. It's supposed to be pretty big.

The “Mega” Playset:
• 2-in-1 Feature – converts from BB-8 to First Order Star Destroyer (interior)
• “Force Link” compatible
• Includes Throne/Trash Compactor/Garrison Corridor

The Pack-Ins:
• Snoke figure (Force Link compatible)
• Praetorian Guard figure (Force Link compatible)
• Force Link bracelet/gauntlet

It sounds like it could be fun, but I really am not liking that it transforms into BB-8. I think ther's a good chance that will ruin it.

Thoughts/predictions?

:wink:
GrandMoffHux14
Droid

Re: The Last Jedi Mega Playset

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:28 am

Reminds of the old Micro Machine line that had the heads of a Stormtrooper or Luke etc. that would open up and become a little play set for the micro figures.
Passionate Star Wars fan/collector for all my life, Troop builder, teenager.

Other forum account:
https://disqus.com/by/GHuxy15/
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:06 am

They think that every single little thing needs a gimmick, and that drives me insane. The only saving grace would be if the BB-8 is a decent prop replica too.
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
GrandMoffHux14
Droid

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:50 pm

Jodo wrote:They think that every single little thing needs a gimmick, and that drives me insane. The only saving grace would be if the BB-8 is a decent prop replica too.

Nope, BB-8 shoots Nerf darts out of his eye receptor. :lol:

Other forum account:
Codaks
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Codaks » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:25 pm

Might look something like the Death Star playset by Tomy. I'm pretty excited to see what it is :D , but most likely I'll past due to the cost. :(

I like the idea of playsets, but something similar to the old POTF2 sets back in the mid 90s could be cool. Even cooler if Hasbro made them intergradable like the TPM playsets in the late 90s. A combination of the two concepts is wishful thinking I guess :roll:

I sure hope it isen't this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDIhzlEQA-s
Codaks --- OUT ---
The Professor
Forum Admin

Postby The Professor » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:46 pm

I'm also really curious about the 2-in-1 feature. Seems silly. I hope Snoke and the guard are available in other ways. I wonder when we'll see out first glimpse? It seems they want to do the same thing they did two years ago and keep all the merchandise a secret until Force Friday. That makes no sense to me marketing wise. Shouldn't you want your customers to have a sense of what is available before shopping? The secrecy is something I strongly dislike about the new Lucasfilm. Knowing what figures will be available didn't spoil the prequels for me.

EDIT: I just watched Codak's video. I unfortunately think that is exactly what this playset will be like.
Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!
StooperZero
Teras Kasi

Postby StooperZero » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:25 pm

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:59 pm

I agree. Midnight Madness was amazing when I was a kid, and the lead up to it was half of the fun. The mystery drives me insane, as it reminds me of state secrets or something. They're movies for God sake. They really miss out on the magic that the real Lucasfilm not only captured, but also sold.

Hopefully that BB8 play set isn't it...But I bet you're right Codak.
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
The Professor
Forum Admin

Postby The Professor » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:29 pm

Just to be clear, I don't think that's the playset, but it sounds like the 3.75" one will be similar in design.
Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!
GrandMoffHux14
Droid

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:31 pm

The Galactic Heroes set was cancelled before it ever hit stores.

Other forum account:
Codaks
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Codaks » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:09 am

I was searching the web for any rumors or perhaps concept art of the playset, when I found the video from the GH line.
I only intended it to be a kind of "comical relief" as it only could get better then that. :lol:
Codaks --- OUT ---
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Jayson » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:13 pm

E8 Flagship Set (BB8/Mega Star Destroyer Playset with Snoke and Elite Guard, Force Link Gauntlet)
DPCI: 087-06-8337
SKU: 55589139
UPC: 630509606207
MSRP: $199.99
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:03 pm

Man I hope this thing doesn't look stupid. I hope the aesthetics are great, but I just don't see that happening with them having it convert into BB-8... me thinks something like the one Owen Driscoll made back in the day would be a great starting point... But no, I don't expect Hasbro will ever make something like that.

:wink:
Jax
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Jax » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:10 am

Hasbro has gotten out of touch with their customers with the msrp as far as I'm concerned. The image in my head of this playset that costs ruffly the midpoint between the TFA Millennium Falcon at $130 and AT-ACT at $300 makes my eyes roll. People bought the TFA Falcon in my area when it hit $50 and the AT-ACT moved pretty quickly at $90, keeping in mind that these dusty boxes were from day 1 and still on the shelf. Instead of asking "what kind of playset would be worth $200" Hasbro should be making cool stuff that people will buy for $50. The 5poa line is the Toyota Corolla of toys so stop trying to dazzle us with the price tag.
Trooper31
Pod Racer

Postby Trooper31 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:15 am

Well said and I agree. I haven't seen this yet, but I still the think the price is too high. I understand they force gauntlet is included as well as 2 figures, however, even if that chopped off $30 off the price, I still think it's too high.

I'll applaud Hasbro for making a playset. God knows we've been asking for a long time. However, like Jax said, they really need to survey people a bit more before doing something like this. Also, Hasbro has been told time and again to go the modular playset route and they keep saying no to the idea. By going modular, the price can be lowered and people can mix and match and buy what they want. Also, if they made modular playsets that cost between $30-50, and had a real plan of being able to add new sets to these (maybe they could even make any set hook up with another set even if it wasn't part of the same scene), many people would easily buy more than $200 worth of playsets.

Return to “The Last Jedi (2017-?)”