Yakfinities #83 - CANTINA DENIZENS

What should the theme be for Yakfinities #83?

• Droids of War

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Cantina Denizens

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Order 66 Survivors

• Dark Side Sensitives

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • The Imperial Remnant

• Separatist Sympathizers

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YAK_Chewie

YAKStaff
Staff member
May 7, 2006
www.yakface.com
Nice darthapathy! Way to kick things off! I especially think the Abednedo head works great on that body.

;)

Reactions: darthapathy
Awesome to see Yakfinities back in action, and some great looking figures posted already.

Kenner's artisans only had access to partial black and white photographs of the Snivvian Cantina patron Zutton, so when designing their action figure version of the character, they were forced to take some liberties in both the costume design and height, leading infamously to the Blue Snaggletooth figure appearing in two Sears exclusive packs in early 1978 before being replaced with the more familiar, shorter red version.

564f23133281ecfde3dd0a29a6bc39cd390af774.jpg

YAK_Chewie

YAKStaff
Staff member
May 7, 2006
www.yakface.com
Ebbo's Place;Hyperspace: The duo known as Hyperspace entertain the customers with a blend of dazzling vocals and smooth melodies. They perform both galactic favorites and their own songs. View attachment 13966
I love this. That Leia body for a Twilek works great. I might borrow this idea

😉

Jodo

YAKStaff
Staff member
Dec 31, 2013
Illinois
Yeah, like many other collectors, I got the TBS red box Yavin Leia, and then bought her again for TVC. The head is an Oola cast that was in the fodder box.
That is genius! I’ll have to also steal this idea now!

Starchaser

Jan 9, 2015
Prodishu Teridol – Yet another refugee who has found solace in Safa Thewel. A Klatooinian, Prodi was sold to the mines by his Hutt master after insulting her Kowakian monkey lizard. One of a small group of laborers left behind when the mines were abandoned after a series of scandals and set-backs, Prodi was eventually found, injured and nearly starved, by the prospector Seibb Nubres, who brought him home to Safa Thewel. After he recovered, Prodi was trained by local brewer Bec Tondeetra to serve as the bartender at Bec’s cantina.

BkfYr5C.jpg

Hewe Nieblain – Hewe has spent most of his life working in and around mines. He ended his career as a mining foreman in the mineral mines deep in the Farsolax tundra, fleeing after having accused the mine’s corporate owners of dozens of code violations. Making his way across the tundra, Hewe found the town of Safa Thewel and his safe haven. He is a bit of a curmudgeon in the morning until he has had his morning “pick me up” from the Bec's cantina, after which Hewe is a very helpful to his fellow citizens as a stonemason and construction foreman and regales the children with stories of his adventures.

TTh7B9k.jpg

(Just in case it isn't obvious, the location - the town of Safa Thewel on the planet Farsolax - is a fanfiction and is a setting for a number of my customs.)